In the older days, office design, furniture, and layout were not paid much attention to. Almost all offices had the same boring structure with ordinary desks and chairs, etc. However, the trend has changed these days. Workplaces are getting more advanced and well-equipped, which saves all employees from boredom and makes them energetic. Plus, open office furniture concepts are also becoming the new trend.
What is Open Office?
Open office concepts have a different concept. It refers to interior design, architecture, and more. Most companies have adopted the open office concept. Most people confuse it with something else and think that in an open office, everything is open. However, the actual concept is a little different. Workplaces adopt open office design for two major reasons. These are cost reduction and recruitment and retention. In an open office, you can fit more people than the traditional offices. This minimizes the need for more space and, ultimately, the cost. It is also a beneficial approach to attract new people.
Open office furniture makes an important point in the discussion here. There are five main types of open office and layout. These are discussed below.
- Focus: This type of layout provides better concentration. In this type, workstations contain quiet private offices that help employees focus well.
- Social: In the social type, the open office form spaces like cafeterias and other spots for gathering. Employees can have quick conversations and social gatherings here.
- Collaboration: Collaboration in an open office refers to areas where employees and team members can sit, discuss, and brainstorm. Getting good ergonomic office chairs might be of good help here.
- Training: Here, the open space office furniture plays a vital role. Furniture and layouts are designed in a way that forms classrooms and conference rooms.
- Respite: This type includes an outdoor terrace, meditation rooms, and other refreshing areas.
Open Office Furniture and Layout
Open office is considered the future. It is necessary for retaining employees and creating a safe and productive work environment. Some tips for better open office space furniture are discussed below.
For a better work environment, make office space transition functional. For example, adjust open office furniture in a way that makes the transition easier. Like right positioning of the couch where employees can sit and work.
Separation of Noise and Solitude
Separating solitude and noise is necessary for an open office layout. This includes the separation of leisure and lunch areas in all departments.
Most workplaces today contain partition and glass walls. This structure allows the light to penetrate. To maintain privacy in some specific places like the conference room and boardroom, arrange the places along the perimeter. These rooms should be glazed on both inside and outside.
Moreover, for better open office space furniture arrangement, consider getting some high-quality and comfortable desks, including standing desks. The right equipment can help a lot with the success of open office furniture and layout. So, follow the tips and upgrade your office with something better.