Staying still for a long time during the whole day is the reason for many health crises. Sitting for multiple hours not only affects your back but is also linked to obesity. Standing up has been shown to lower these health issues. A standing desk will help you to stand for a longer time. Like the standing desk, the treadmill desk can also help you stay active all day. A treadmill can help you to combine exercise with work. Both are helpful, and here’s an in-depth look between the standing desk vs. treadmill desk:
1. Standing desk
The majority of medical experts agree that working while standing is much better than sitting. Sitting can drastically slow metabolism and increase obesity. So, a standing desk will help you to reduce these health issues. Here are some pros and cons of a standing desk.
- Increases your productivity: Your heart rate rises as you become more active by using a standing desk. As a result, you work quicker and complete the same amount of work in a much shorter duration.
- Boost your energy: Many workers used to feel confined to their workplaces while they remained in fixed working positions. Besides, it can eliminate workplace fatigue and encourage workers to move. It makes people more content and raises their morale.
- Not user-friendly: People unfamiliar with the concept of working at a standing desk typically find it hard to do so. They are unable to spend equal amounts of time sitting and standing. As a result, they grow tired.
- Not suitable for high heels: Those who desire to work at a standing desk should wear more comfortable footwear. So, if you want to wear heels, you will be disappointed to learn about this.
2. Treadmill desk
Treadmill desks are one method people have opted to stay active while working. Treadmill desks boost your metabolic rate. It can make you fit and healthy. Here are some pros and cons of a treadmill desk
- Reduces heart diseases: It reduces heart diseases by combining exercise with work.
- Improve your focus: It can make you more focused on your work.
- Induces a healthy environment: You can manage your work and health consistently.
- Combining exercises with work: You become more stressed combining work with walking. Due to this stress, you will be distracted from your work.
- Quite unfamiliar: This desk will be inconvenient for people who cannot work while walking.
Standing desks like standing desk core is very flexible. It can change from sitting to standing with just a simple click. If you want both in your life, you can combine both desks. A SmartDesk Treadmill by Autonomous x Treadly keeps you focused and motivated physically and mentally. You can also find Smart desk pro beneficial. Due to this, you are more at ease and energized at work. It allows your creativity to flow. You can swiftly shift between your favorite sitting and standing position. A standing desk is a good option for the one who wants a productive day. The treadmill desk is convenient for the person who wants to do some exercise while working. Standing desk vs. treadmill desk, the choice is yours!