If you’re looking for the best office chair for sitting up straight, you’ve come to the right place. Although slouching happens mostly due to bad sitting habits, if you cannot help but do it, that’s because the chair you’re using is not comfortable in the first place. Thus, maybe it’s time for you to start searching for office chairs that make you sit up straight.
Some of us cannot avoid but sit for prolonged hours as our jobs require us to do so. Still, this helps us maintain a sedentary lifestyle, and that isn’t a good thing. It puts you at the risk of suffering back and shoulder pain, injuries, and even diseases – both physical and mental.
For today’s article, not only will we give you one of the best office chair options, but we also will provide you with some tips you can use to stop slouching while you’re sitting in your office chair.
Best office chair for straight back
The ErgoChair Pro by Autonomous has one of the strongest selling points in ergonomic chairs: full customizability.
This chair was designed to provide the user with the most comfort possible plus support in the most affected areas while sitting, like the lower back. The main features of this ergonomic chair include the following:
- A set height adjustable from 18 to 20 inches
- A tilt range that is adjustable within a 25-degree range
- An armrest height that varies from 11 to 14 inches and that ranges from 26 to 32.2 inches from the floor
- A weight capacity of 350 lbs
- It also has a warranty of up to 2 years. Moreover, the company offers a thirty-day trial to evaluate whether you feel comfortable with your purchase or want your money back. It is easily one of the best office chairs that make you sit up straight.
Overall, this chair provides you with as much adjustability as possible. Hence, we believe this is the best office chair for sitting up straight as you can make it adapt to your body quickly. However, a chair is not enough for you to stop slouching. Keep reading to find some tips you can use to start adopting a good posture while sitting.
How to stop slouching while sitting
Slouching happens because you’re trying to feel comfortable. However, if you do it frequently, maybe the chair is the problem. Still, it is probably a habit by now, so here are some tips you can use to sit correctly:
- Try to maintain your ears aligned with your shoulders. This way, you’ll make sure that your back is erect. It will also help you know whether you’re maintaining a good posture or not.
- Do not cross your legs. Try to maintain them at a ninety-degree angle at all times.
- Move around; do not sit still in the same position for prolonged periods. It is hugely important to keep moving even when we’re sitting to avoid turning our articulations rigid.